Join the team
Job Title: Support Worker
Accountable to: Janine Bainbridge-Daniel
Base: Cachet Care Services Ltd, Room 5, Victoria House, Victoria Road, Horwich, Bolton. BL6 5NA
Job Purpose Summary: To assist clients with all aspect of care in their home as required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities: –
- To be able to relate to all client range in a positive manner.
- To be able to work within, and develop, set guidelines and plans which include Individual Care Plans.
- To meet the personal care needs of people with profound disabilities, e.g. dementia, learning disabilities, physical disabilities within the guidelines set by the Individual Care Plan.
- Support the clients to continue to be involved in community activities and promote social encounters.
- Undertake household tasks and encourage clients to assist where appropriate.
- Handle cash and record income and expenditure within the household accounts with client where appropriate.
- Ability to work as part of a team and under own supervision using initiative when required.
- Ability to administer and record client medication usage in line with the agreed policy and procedure.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals, groups and organisations and use good oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to identify risk to self and others when undertaking work activities.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the National and Departmental Policies on Confidentiality, and the management and sharing of information.
- Seek out innovative ways of consulting clients and engaging partners in response to client needs. Network with other professional or community bodies to develop services.
- To value diversity in accordance with Policy and Procedures.
- To continue with Personal Development that link to the post of Support Worker and attend all appropriate training. To seek to add to skills and knowledge.
- Ability to communicate with other staff within the department and other agencies as appropriate.
- Comply with all Policies and Procedures of The Organisation as appropriate.
- Conform to the UKHCA Code of Professional Conduct in relation to the operation of Domiciliary Care.
- Report to Line Manager all complaints, accidents, incidents/near misses, in accordance with written Policies and Procedures.